Dr. Rahul Yadav is best Robotic uro-oncology surgeon with a successful career of more than a decade.It is a type of keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery. It is also called Da Vinci Robotic Surgery. A surgeon does the surgery but uses a special machine (robot) to help. He is one of the highly ranked uro-oncologist in Lucknow, India.
WHY ROBOT-ASSISTED SURGERY?
Compared to more traditional procedures, robotic-assisted surgery may result in:
- Less scarring
- Reduced recovery times
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery
WHEN IS ROBOTICS in URO-ONCOLOGY USED?
Robotics is used for surgeries like Robotic Assisted Partial/Radical Nephrectomy/Nephro-ureterectomy, Robotic Assisted Adrenalectomy, Robotic Assisted Radical Cystoprostatectomy with Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit/Neobladder, Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy, Robotic Assisted Retro-Peritoneal Lymphnode Dissection, Robotic kidney removal, Robotic prostate removal, Robotic bladder removal, Robotic heminephrectomy/Nephrectomy/Partial Nephrectomy, Robot Assisted Ureteric reimplantation/reconstruction.
Robotic Surgery is also a specialized type of Minimally Invasive Surgery and
how is Robotic Surgery performed?
General anesthesia is given during the procedure. The doctor makes several small keyhole incisions in your abdomen. Then the doctor will pass carbon dioxide gas through the area to easily view internal structures. After that doctor passes a small camera (endoscope) through one of the incisions. The camera lights, magnifies and projects the structures onto a video screen. The camera is attached to one of the robotic arms. The other arms hold instruments for grasping, cutting, dissecting and suturing.The procedure takes between 2-4 hours.
To name a few, Robot-Assisted Urologic Surgery procedures includes:
Prostatectomy — treats prostate cancer by removing all of the prostate gland
- Pyeloplasty — repairs an abnormality of the kidney and nearby ureter (the tube connecting the kidney and bladder)
- Cystectomy — removes all the bladder to treat bladder cancer
- Nephrectomy — treats kidney cancer, removing all or part of the kidney
- Ureteral reimplantation — to disconnect and reinsert the ureter from the bladder to keep urine from flowing backwards from the bladder into the kidneys.Procedures requiring fine dissection and suturing, such as reconnection of the ureter
Dr. Rahul Yadav is the one of best Robotic uro-oncology surgeon for all these procedures for patients where it is indicated.